The Liverpool City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LCR LEP) is strongly committed to preserving the privacy of its customers. This Data Protection and Security Policy lets you know about our policy for the collection and use of information about you and your transactions with us.
1. We don't share your information with other companies without your prior permission.
2. Email - we will only send you emails if you specifically give us your consent to do so.
3. As a Certified Merchant, you can guarantee your credit card details are completely secure.
4. Personal Information
5. If you register to use the password protected portions of the Site, we will ask you to provide us with certain up to date data about yourself which we will handle in accordance with the United Kingdom's Data Protection legislation.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by anyone, including our staff. We use leading technologies such as (but not limited to) data encryption, fire walls and server authentication to protect the security of your data. All Group companies, all our staff and whenever we hire third parties to provide support services, we will require them to observe our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
When You Place an Order When you order items on line from our Gift Shop or book hotel accommodation, our order form asks you to give us information specific to that order, including your billing address, shipping address, credit card information and email address.
The information that you provide is used to process and send your orders. We also use the information to contact you if there is a problem with your order. We do not make our customer list available to other companies. Security All of our transactions automatically take place on a secure server. All of your personal information is encrypted before it is transmitted over the Internet.
None of our customers have ever reported fraudulent use of a credit card as a result of purchases made at www.merseyside.org.uk. Note: Most banks either cover all the charges that result from unauthorized use of your credit card or limit your liability to £50, the maximum liability allowed under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
You must notify your credit card provider of the unauthorized use in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. Buying Online When you buy from us online, our system automatically gathers purchase data, and we also record information about purchases made through our telemarketing, mail order and other marketing operations.
We use this information in two ways:
1. We review what kinds of products and services appeal most to our members as a group. This statistical information helps us improve our offerings in the same way that other companies change their catalogue based on what sells best.
2. We use information such as the number of purchases members make and the categories of goods and services they buy to make offers to them we believe will be of interest. We do not give out any information about you, as an individual, to anyone, except to complete your transactions, or to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disc for record keeping purposes.
Cookies can make the web more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular sites, thus enabling website owners to provide more useful features for their users. They contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, e-mail or any other means.
Measuring website usage
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics:
www.visitwirral.com _utmc & _utmb cookies work together to calculate how long your visit takes, one to take a ‘timestamp’ of when you enter the site and one for when you leave. The cookies expire when you leave the website (or at the end of the browsing session).
www.visitwirral.com See above for details.These cookies expire 30 minutes after you leave the website
www.visitwirral.com This cookie ascertains the number of times a visitor has been to web site.The cookies expire 2 years after you leave the website.
This cookie ascertains where you visited the site from, which search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where in the world you are accessing from. This cookie is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source / medium / keyword to assign the credit for a Goal Conversion or an Ecommerce Transaction. It expires within six months.
If You Have Questions If you have questions about any of these policies, please contact us: The Liverpool City Region Local Enterprise Partnership, 12, Princes Parade, Liverpool, L3 1BG. +44 (0)151 227 2727 Email: email@example.com